Friday, March 6, 2015

Cheese Pie

Recipe from cookbook.

This recipe, although again short of directions, was easier because I treated it like a regular cheesecake. Sure was a lot easier to make with cottage cheese than it is with cream cheese, I think, no need for a stand mixer to whip the cream cheese and eggs together.

After baking - straight out of the oven.
Pie with cherry topping.

I decided to bake it in a pre-made graham cracker crust. I believe it turned out to be the perfect choice but I should have bought the larger size as the batter made more than would fit in the shell.

Again, I didn't know the temperature or length of baking. I chose 325 as that seemed to be the temperature most regular cheesecakes used. It took about an hour to set up. I brought it out while it was still wiggly in the center and it firmed up nicely after cooling on the counter and then sitting overnight in the refrigerator.

I served it with cherry pie filling over the top.

It was delicious! I wholeheartedly recommend this recipe. Even without the cherry topping it was tasty with the lemon (I used a Meyer lemon I grew myself!) juice/zest.

No comments:

Post a Comment